1. How does the quality of the orange change throughout the time that it is not eaten?
2. How does the fermentation process of kimchi affect the rate of growth of kimchi
3. How does the DNA in the virus affect the DNA in bacteria?
The intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behavior of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment. While scientists study how nature works, engineers create new things, such as products, websites, environments, and experiences.
What is the Scientific Method?
The scientific method is a way to ask and answer scientific questions by making observations and doing experiments.
There are various steps of the scientific method but the most basic ones are to:
- Ask a Question
- Do Background Research
- Construct a Hypothesis
- Test the Hypothesis by Doing an Experiment
- Analyze the Data and Draw a Conclusion
- Communicate the Results
It is important for the experiment to be a fair test. A "fair test" occurs when we change only one factor (variable) and keep all other conditions the same.